Days until Mr & Mrs

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'M BAAAAACK!!!! & better than EVER!

Hey Ya'll!!  So I know it has been a few weeks since I have posted...I have been on a finals hiatus....I am happy to report that I am done & am a 3L (providing grades come back in my favor!)!!

So since I have last posted:


  • We have listened to and booked the band for the wedding...The band is The Goat Hill String Band, they are an awesome "alt-bluegrass" band and they will most definitely be a HIT at the wedding, please check them out: http://soundcloud.com/goat-hill-string-band/01-goat-hill-string-band-demo. I think it will fit in PERFECTLY with a "rustic garden party" wedding!!  
  • Ben and I have survived yet another finals season...it always gets a little tense around the end of every semester...I turn into a finals beast (i.e. an emotional roller coaster), but it's nice to know we only have two left!!  
  • I have discovered www.etsy.com.  They have some of the CUTEST handmade stuff and I definitely plan on getting some stuff from there for the wedding, if you are looking for a unique gift for someone...or for yourself (because EVERYONE deserves a little something every now and then) check out etsy.com and help out the "starving artists" :)  
  • Ben and I celebrated the end of finals with a wonderful dinner!  We had a Groupon for Buckhead Grille in Columbus.  It is a 5 star steakhouse in GA and it is literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Ben's apartment.  I had the Shrimp and Pancetta Carbonara and Ben had Lamb Chops, then for dessert we had this AMAZING chocolate cake, the cake was so moist that I couldn't tell the difference between the cake and the icing and to go along with it?  A chocolate martini...DUH!  Ben really knows how to make me feel special, and he does it every time!!
  • We get to pick up our kitten on Sunday!!  Ben and I are getting a new kitten, he's grey and his name is Amos, named after the mascot of Sugarloaf (the ski resort in Maine where Ben's dad owns a restaurant, Gepetto's).  We have been told that Amos is the smartest and fattest kitten of the bunch!  He is the first who gets to leave the litter, we are so excited!!
So I am going to do something on this blog that I haven't done yet...recipe anyone?  So lately, I have been trying to eat healthier and I've started to incorporate some vegan recipes into my diet.  My favorite thing I made so far is a black bean taco filling, here is the recipe:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced (although I used half of an onion)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, chopped (I did use a whole one, but only because I LOOOVE bell pepper)
2 (14.5 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
2 tablespoons of cornmeal
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less for less heat)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup of salsa

Saute the onion, garlic and pepper.  Stir in the mashed beans.  Then add everything else and let it cook for 5 minutes.  

I also added a can of corn. It is good on tortillas as a burrito, or as a dip!!  I LOVE this stuff, it is delicious!!  I hope ya'll enjoy!

Now that I am done with finals, I hope to be able to post more often. Now I leave you with Llama with Hats:



Have a good day!! Love Y'all!!!


2 comments:

  1. Your dad wants to know are shoes optional for the wedding and can we wear blue jeans ( ya know rustic and all) .. :-) have fun with Gizmo... I mean Amos

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! No, shoes are NOT optional...however casual dress is encouraged!! We haven't figured out what the guys are wearing yet, we are looking at tan linen suits right now...we will keep ya'll posted!!

    ReplyDelete