Days until Mr & Mrs

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!!

Hey Y'all!

So I know it has been awhile since I posted last...There have been a few developments since my last posting...

1.  I GOT A JOB!! I am currently working (for free) at the Nancy Davis Law Firm, PC in Auburn.  It is a real estate and development firm with 2 attorneys in it.  Mostly I help the sweet ladies in the back with getting the paperwork together for residential house closings...even though this is a down market, we have been BUSY!!

2. I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW with a small firm in Millbrook, AL.  The position is for a 3rd Year Associate (3rd year?! WHAT?!) position.  The firm is a small (also 2 attorney) firm that deals with a little bit of everything but mostly family law and probate stuff (wills/trusts, advanced directives, powers of attorney, etc).  This is a paying job and would be so extremely amazing if I got the job.  So, if you read this posting before July 5 at 10 AM PLEASE PRAY TO WHATEVER HIGHER DEITY THAT YOU PRAY TO THAT THIS INTERVIEW GOES WELL!!!!!

3.  WE ARE MOVING in less than 2 weeks!!!  We went by and looked at the house the other day just to get a feel for where we are going to put stuff and how we want to organize the house.  We ( I am saying "we", but I mostly mean my wonderfully awesome, best in the world fiance.  I, instead, will be the one who is super supportive and will bring him beverages and tell him that everything looks wonderful!!) are going to redo the fence for our "devil dog", Ajax


He is going to love his freedom outside and he has a MASSIVE backyard to run around in!!  We have a lot of work to do, with the yard and in the house.  Ben will probably do most of the outside work, and I will probably/maybe do most of the inside work.  It is going to be a work in the progress, but we will be hosting weekly tailgates, so if you are in Auburn on a gameday weekend stop on by and watch the game with us!

4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!  Ben and I have had such an amazing 4th of July weekend...needless to say we are using the actual holiday as a recovery day from our extremely eventful weekend.  We met new folks and hung out with folks we had met a couple of times and formed new friendships!  Again, in true Sara and Ben fashion...no pictures...but I promise we had a really good time!  So "Happy Fourf of July" everyone!!


5.  A couple of weekends ago, Ben and I decided to be spontaneous (kinda) so we headed up to Callaway Gardens.  In my almost 25 years of living in the South, I had never been!  It was so amazing...there was so much to do that we didn't even really get to the gardens.  We went to the beach, we rented a little boat, rented bikes, played on Aqua Island (a massive blow up playground in the middle of the lake), we rode out to the vegetable garden which was fun to see since I've started trying my hand at gardening, and the highlight of our trip, I think, was the high ropes course.  There were 26 obstacles which included 5 zip lines.  I had never zip lined before and I loved it!!  I definitely want to go back soon and those of you who are making the pilgrimage for the wedding next year should definitely check it out while you're here!

Ok, I think that's all I have for now...I hope everyone is having a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!!  Love Ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment